Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A few of O's favorite things

Olivia is a climber. She loves to climb. She loves to use her hands, arms, feet, toes, and pure strength to touch something that she can't normally reach.

Tonight I caught her using an old cookie tin as a step stool. She also enjoys climbing on top of my yarning basket, into her playpen, and tends to push her Olivia stool over to the sink.

She also thinks that bookshelves are ladders that must be climbed.

Today when I picked Olivia up from daycare, her caregiver was telling me about Olivia's day, including the new places that she tried to climb to. As usual, I nodded. Yup, Olivia's a climber.

"But she's a girl," Miss Maree said. "Olivia you shouldn't climb. You're a girl."

I guess no one told Olivia girls can't climb.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Sometimes I tell Scoop that good girls are quiet. And then I feel bad for assigning her to a gender stereotype. And then I remember that she's a dog.

Unknown said...

The best thing about being a girl is only being girly when I want to be. The rest of the time I can burp and growl and watch rodeo. And then put on my pink pajamas to go to bed. Keep Olivia climbing (does that sound like a bumper sticker?) Mya likes to push things, moving furniture and such. No climbing yet though. Kiss her for me.

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Hope you have her furniture bolted to the wall!! Tyler climbs but nothing like this! Way to go. Girls should climb, makes them tougher, haha (wonder if I'll say that when Ashlee is getting into stuff, haha)

Meli said...

Love the NPR sticker on the fridge!

Does every child get one of those name stools after they are born? Its adorable.

I'm pretty sure my husband thinks book shelves are for climbing as well...