Friday, June 3, 2011

I forgot

I forgot how wonderful spring can be. It's been a long time since I've experienced the season of spring. Since 2002. Almost a decade. Without a spring.

I returned to the States in the winter and found the Midwest to be cold and covered in snow.

Olivia's minature snowman

No sleds, only swimsuits,  for sale in the stores in March.

I arrived in Maryland to find no buds on the trees and a chill in the air. Then suddenly without warning, the wind shifted and soon birds were singing in the mornings, tulips had popped through and opened on Easter Sunday in front of my new home and yellow and white daffodils bordered every farm house in our county.

In front of our house, April 2011

In front of our neighbor's house

Spring had arrived. Olivia's new hobby was picking dandelions and handing them to me for safe keeping.


Picking at the Washington Monument

Picking at the local library's lawn

My new hobby was photographing the beauty of spring.

Random tulips in D.C.

This weekend, the temperatures reached the 90s and the humidity pushed down on us. It left me thinking about how much I missed spring and how could I ever forget about it.

2 comments:

Meli said...

I'm sorry spring passed so quickly, it usually sticks around a little bit longer....

Unknown said...

I am missing spring too, it seems like we almost skipped right over it.