Thursday, February 17, 2011

202 Boxes

I knew today was going to be a long day. I knew I would be tired at the end of it. I knew I would be exhausted, but I can't tell you why.

Today was the big day: moving day. We were at the house at 7:30 a.m. ready for the movers, expecting them to arrive at 8 a.m. At 8 a.m., the movers weren't there, but Olivia was 100 percent and ready to go. She ate breakfast, drank her milk and was complaining that she wanted to watch her movie. But there was no way to watch her movie. The laptop was at the hotel and the television was gone. She started whining. I quickly decided she was well enough for daycare, so away she went for the rest of the day.


At 10:35 a.m., six Japanese men arrived to pack our stuff. At 2:30 p.m., six crates were sealed and truck was driving away with nearly everything we own. Inside were 202 boxes filled with bybe (baby) cloths (clothes), Okinawa artwork, two Fuji hiking sticks, one queen sized bed, and numerous other things labeled "kitchen wear" or "bathroom items."

Time for the post-packing nap.

2 comments:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Let the move begin....

Tammy said...

So what will you be doing for the next week or so until you leave Oki?