Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Big X, little X, what begins with X?

Little O recently had her first (and hopefully last) X-ray.

The injury was a bruised big toe, due to a Leapfrog laptop dropped squarely on the nail. At first, I thought it was no big deal and would be healed in a few days. But my drama queen preschooler hobbled around the house and complained loudly until she wore me down, I called the doctor's office.

That night she charmed every employee at the clinic, including the doctor. She earned a Thomas the Train sticker and a trip to the hospital for her first X-ray in the morning.

I was concerned that Olivia would be worried about going to the hospital. On the contrary. Guess who was awake at 6:30 a.m. jumping up and down (without flinching) demanding to go to the hospital to take a picture of her toe? Little O.

Safe to say, her toe wasn't broken. Not surprisingly, she did earn more sympathy at the hospital by the X-ray techicians and another 5(!) Disney princess stickers for "being a star patient." I'm surprised she hasn't tried to drop any other toys on her feet.

2 comments:

Lora said...

Oh, Olivia!

Unknown said...

how much does that leapfrog laptop weigh??