Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sweet Talker

Every once in a while Olivia says something so sweet, so darling, that I try to hold onto that comment for as long as possible.

Like when she says, "Hearts are for Valentine's Day. The day when you love everyone."

Or

"When Anya and I grow up, we be best friends, OK?"

Or

"Momma we get cozy in my bed and read books."

Ah, just typing those preschooler sentences brings a smile to my face. So I attempt to remember them and think about them when she says other things, during the course of our day such as:

"Momma, I love you sometimes."

Or

"I want my dad" (this is usually in the form of a scream/yell followed by tears when she wants to get away from Little A and myself).

Or

"I miss my grandma." (Anytime I tell her no.)

Or

"Momma my poop is brown. Your hair is brown. My poop is brown like your hair."

Kids really do say the darnest things, don't they?

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Ha! I hope you're writing them all down.