Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I passed! I passed!

Since Dec. 6, I've been carrying around a 10-page medical questionnaire. It's my overseas medical screening paperwork. What it is exactly means, I have no idea. All I know is that I need to have it completed and returned to Benny before we can move forward on our travel orders for Japan. (Translation for those not working for Uncle Sam: We don't know when we are flying to Japan. We find out after Benny hands in this packet.)

Filling in the bubbles of this questionnaire hasn't been easy. First I had to contact my hometown hospital for a copy of my records. I needed to prove I received my vaccinations as child and teenager.

The next step was a trip to the clinic here to fill in the blanks on my vaccinations form.

A stop at my dentist's office was painless. She signed her page in the packet. My teeth are ready for Okinawa.

All that remained was an appointment with the overseas screening doc, which I had this morning.

So I showed up all nervous about it. Why was I nervous? Who knows? Anytime I am evaulated on ANY level, my heat beat quickens and my blood pressure rises. What if he doesn't approve you, the doubting voice in my head repeated.

After my temperature was taken and my higher-than-normal blood pressure was recorded, I saw the doctor. He didn't even sit down. He flipped through my packet filled with my blood, sweat and tears.

"Are you in reasonable good health?" he asked.

"I like to think so," I responded. He is still standing. He signs the form and hands it back to me.

"Good luck in Okinawa," he said while walking out the door.

I passed! I passed!

Whew.

That was painless.

3 comments:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Congrats Michelle! All that work for him to say "your in good health, right?" Don't you love doctors! hahaha......

Did you get the picture I sent you last night from the pitful game?

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

I've been reading everything on Heath Ledger. SOOO sad. I feel bad for Michelle Williams (love her from Dawson's Creek) and their little girl. I hope it wasn't drugs; he didn't strike me as that type of person (but what do I know? Not that I know these people just find them fascinating through people.com) :)

Marina said...

Ask me someday about what happened when I had my medical screening before going to Beirut... I'll give you a hint, it was almost as informal as yours but involved a lot more sexual harrasment. My fear of going to the doctor increased exponentially.