Wednesday, March 26, 2008

No more driving Topless

Benny and I made the final decision last night. Time was running out. So instead of selling my convertible Sebring nicknamed Topless as originally planned, we decided to store her at a lot in Long Beach, California.


The decision was a tough one since everyone (even people who aren't mechanically inclined like me) knows that storing a car for three years is the worst thing you can do for a vehicle. But after what seemed like a million phone calls to the personal storage lot, we were reassured by a few points:

1) My car will be stored in a covered spot

2) They will start and move my car every 30 days

So this morning, my friend Melinda and I caravaned to south Los Angeles to drop off Topless at the processing center. After 47 minutes, Topless was cleared for storage and Melinda and I were back in the thick of L.A. noon hour traffic. Pretty painless, I have to say.

Now if I can only remember to get my car of storage in three years .....

No comments: