Saturday, March 22, 2008

Seabee Ball 2008

Even though Benny has checked out of NMCB 4, we still attended the annual Seabee Ball. We were in town anyway and we thought it was a great opportunity to party one last time with all of our battalion friends. Plus I'm always looking for an excuse for a new dress and a new hair do.



Sadly with all the packing, moving and farewell tour madness, I didn't have time to go shopping for a new evening gown. So instead I wore my old standard: a polka dotted dress I bought for Benny's Navy dining out (or is it a dining in?) when he was at Officer Candidate School in Pensacola, Florida. The dress still fits and I still love it, so it was a great deal.



An added bonus was the location of this year's ball: the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley. I'm a huge nerd, so I've already been to the museum several times, but this was still special. They had tables set up in the Air Force One pavilion so we had a great view of the California hills at sunset. Much better than the warehouse on base they usually clean up for the Seabee Ball.

2 comments:

Sweet Cheeks said...

I LOVE your dress and your hair!!!!! Wish we were there!

Meli said...

I want to know how you post pictures with writing inbetween! I'm still trying to figure that out. maybe neither of us should go anywhere until I get it! ;)