Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Good question Lora

I posted a photo of our Japanese fridge, but I didn't explain how it works. And there is a funny story about it, so I'll go into the details now.

The refrigerators in Japan are a fridge on top followed by three drawers for a freezer. At least that was my assumption at first.

Then during our househunting visits, I asked an agent to explain the fridge to me. Are these all freezer drawers? No, she quickly answered, the top one is a chiller for fresh fruits and vegetables.

Great, I thought to myself. That helps. We need some extra space in this fridge.

When we moved into our duplex, the first thing I did after visiting the grocery store was put the lettuce, carrots and a pint of strawberries in the top drawer. When Benny got home, he asked where the strawberries were at? In the chiller, of course.

He started to laugh. I turned to look what he was laughing about.

My strawberries, the last fresh strawberries I would buy, were rock solid frozen.

On this model, the bottom drawer is the chiller. The top and middle ones are the freezer.

Now I know.

3 comments:

Meli said...

at least your freezer works! unlike the one we found in the garage. Jason cleaned it out and found the maggots had been feasting on a box of hamburger patties the previous owners left behind. yum

that is pretty funny though, you freezing the strawberries!

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Hahaha. That's funny.

Lora said...

Thanks for the story! :)