Monday, June 30, 2008

By popular demand

Several readers e-mailed me specifically requesting to see some photos of our Japanese home now that everything is unpacked and organized. Here is a virtual photo tour of the V-Team Mizugama house:

After you park your car, walk up the stairs where there are two duplexes. We are duplex A. Look for our mailbox.


Hello there. I'll be your tour guide.


Once inside, here is the entryway. Benny usually hangs his uniform here. I have my bridesmaid dress, since I just picked it up from the alterations shop.


Please put your shoes here. This box at the entryway to leave your shoes is typical of a Japanese home. This photo is a little blurry. Apparently I was moving fast when I snapped this shot.


Walk into our dining room on the right and kitchen on the left.


One side of the kitchen


The other side of the kitchen


The Japanese refrigerator


From inside the tatami room looking out into the dining room. The tatami room is our guest room, my reading room and Benny's napping room.


Benny grilling kobe beef on our narrow patio. Notice how much smaller this grill is compared to the one we have in the States.


The shower/bath


Now up the stairs and behind door No. 1 is our bedroom.


We have a second balcony outside our bedroom. This is usually where I hang up our laundry to bake in the sun.


This is the view from the second story patio.



Behind door No. 2 is the storage room, where we dump everything that doesn't fit somewhere else in the house.


Behind door No. 3 is our study/entertainment door.

This is where we watch television and I write.



So that completes your tour of the Volkmann Japanese house.

6 comments:

Lora said...

Can you explain that fridge? What are the three drawers at the bottom? Tiny Japanese freezers??

TammyK said...

I was wondering the same thing ... also, is that bathtub big enough to lay down in?

volksbloggin said...

Not for me, Tammy. I mean, I could lie down, with my feet in the air. It's deep, just not long.

villette1 said...

Hmm. Kind of like a swimming pool for a dog. Is dog a delicacy in Japan?

Meli said...

awww it makes me miss you guys even more! I am also insipred to do a virtual tour of the Killian B&B! scary

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Cute....I agree with the others, what's up with the fridge? I think that might be in the next post. And the bathtub looks TINY. Can you fit in it?

I like Amy's comment, hahaha