Friday, August 22, 2008

Bad blogger

To put my readers' concerns to rest:

Yes, Benny, I and baby are fine. Everyone is healthy and well. We've just been planted here since the Olympics started:

It's called a Cuddler and it's the best piece of furniture they sell at the Exchange. It replaced our sofa we sold in California and it's small enough to fit in our Japanese house. Plus as you can see from the photo it reclines. Benny often falls asleep in it while watching soccer, volleyball, track, softball and every other Olympic sport that is on late after his bedtime.

I've been exhausted with active Baby Volkmann growing inside of me. Apparently having a baby sucks all my energy. I prefer to go to bed at 8:30 p.m., which is really depressing, but my friends who are mothers say this time will past. I hope my tired phase of pregnancy is almost over. This is my second excuse I haven't been blogging.

The third excuse is that our Internet and laptop hasn't been functioning at peak performance since Hawaii. Why? I have no idea. But it's working today, so I'm happy I can type this and post it on the Web site.

The fourth excuse is that we haven't done anything except watch the Olympics. But that's only partly true. I have lots to write about: our trip home, our trip to Hawaii, starting my new job, attending a Japanese tea ceremony and Japanese festivals. I'm hoping you'll travel back in time with me as I plan to catch up over the next couple of days. Please bear with me.

Thanks to everyone who posted words of engagement on Benny's birthday post announcing the baby. Even though we are located half a world away we feel your love and support. Keep it coming.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

If Chris sees this blog he's gonna want one of those cuddlers, like, yesterday. Glad to hear the V-Team is doing well and sucked into the same Olympic vortex that the rest of us are. (Though I did take a break for Project Runway on Wednesday, of course!)

Drea said...

So, I don't remember being this obsessed with the Olympics. But, we are too. Even my kids beg to watch them during homeroom. And, of course I comply with their wishes, because they are mine too. AND, I want a cuddler!

Lora said...

Yeah, I've been watching/fast-forwarding through at least 18 hours of Olympics everyday. And still going to work. (That's where I caught up on my sleep, of course!)

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

So glad to see you're back - cute chair. And yes, you're close to being done with being tired1