Monday, September 22, 2008

Okinawa, We have a baby belly


Every day Benny comes home, gives me a hug and looks directly at my belly. He is waiting for my baby belly to "pop" out. And today (at exactly the 17 week mark), Baby Volkmann pushed out my belly.

Until now I've been whining about my lack of a Buddha belly. When I tell people, like my boss, that I'm prego, they stare at my stomach in disbelief. Really? they say. How many months are you? Four months. Wow, you don't look pregnant at all.

This should be a good thing. I should be happy that I'm a modest mommy-to-be. As my sister Rachel pointed out "it's better that people saying 'what are you six, seven months along' when you are actually four months." Point taken, Rachel.

But without a belly, I don't "feel" pregnant. And when I sweating and lacking balance in my prenatal yoga classes, I feel like a fool. But not any more.

My belly has popped out! A co-worker even commented today about my "little cute prego belly." And I beamed back like a proud mother. I might even glowed a little.

.
This photo was taken on July 24, 2008. I have been the same size since then, so I haven't taken any more belly shots.

8 comments:

Sweet Cheeks said...

Be careful what you ask for! Very cute Michelle!

Meli said...

yay so happy for you :)
you look like a happy mommy

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

YEAHHHHHHHH! I've been waiting for this darn picture just like Benny, only I don't give you hugs and stare at it daily :)

BTW, I called the magic phone back 30 minutes after it called me to no avail :(

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Oh yeah, in a few weeks, you can try out the belly belt! Justin just asked me if you were wearing it or not

Tammy said...

You are a very cute momma-to-be, Michelle!

Alicia said...

You look great!!! Baby Alicia is right on target!!! Andy said, that you look very Japanese!!

Pops said...

I wish my buddha belly would go away as fast as yours!

volksbloggin said...

Cliff -- don't count your chickens before they are hatched. I haven't lost any "baby weight" yet. :)