Friday, June 12, 2009

Olivia-free evening

We aren't lucky enough to be able to take advantage of Grandma's baby-sitting services. But we still want to have date nights, so Benny and I have been checking out different options.

I have a list of high school girls who are certified through the Red Cross and come highly recommended from some ladies in my book club. I need to interview these girls and start booking them for Friday and Saturday nights.

But until then Benny and I have been taking advantage of the "Give Parents a Break" program at the on-base daycare.

Once a month, the on-base daycare is open for 5 hours on the weekend, either in the afternoons or the evenings. In May, we dropped Olivia off at noon and picked her up at 5 p.m. While she was experiencing the quality care (so our time was worry-free), Benny and I had lunch at our favorite Indian restaurant and watched "Slumdog Millionaire."
When we picked up Olivia she had just fell asleep. What a great program.

Today we are again signed up for the program. This time we drop off Olivia at 5 p.m. and pick her up at 10 p.m. It's my turn to plan our evening and I'm debating a few different options.

Dinner out at a restaurant is a definite. I'm thinking this sushi restaurant near our house that everyone praises.

And then what? A movie night? I wanted to see "The Hangover" but the earliest showing isn't until 9 p.m. We could go see "Angels and Demons" at 6 p.m.

Or is lame to see a movie again? Should we try to do something active? Something we can't do with Olivia?

Maybe we should check out this place called Round One. My co-worker said her husband and her had a blast there when they had a date day.

This situation falls into the category of "so much to do, so little time."

2 comments:

Meli said...

From your comment on your sisters page I think you saw A&D. How was it? I read the book, thought it WAY better than the Davinci Code, even with the crazy far fetched ending. How does it add up? I just typed ass btw. Hope you had a fun night!

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Don't worry about what you are goign to do, cherish the time you have away. Even if you go sit at home, it's still mommy/daddy bonding time sans baby!

And in a few short months you'll have tons of grandma babysitting services so you and Benny will be at a loss as to what to do with all that time :)