Saturday, September 26, 2009

Half a year old


Half a year old .... that's what a woman said to me recently when I told her that Olivia was six months old. Of course, after the initial shock of this moment, I immediately started planning Olivia's first birthday party in my head. But seriously Olivia is six months old and continues to grow like a weed.

At her doctor's appointment earlier this month, she weighed 17 pounds (which seems tiny in comparison to the birth of the 19 pound baby) and measured at 26 inches long. She tends to be larger than her 6 month old counterparts, which Benny is very proud to tell everyone. When I'm only with her at the store, people always comment about how big she is and that her father must be very tall. Yup, that's where her height comes from.



No crawling yet, but lots of wiggling. She rolls over like a champion, but doesn't seem to understand my need for her to sit up on her own. And I bought her a Bumbo chair in the States during my very first visit to Babies R Us as a mother. Luckily we tried it out before flying to Japan. That's when we discovered that Olivia was too big to fit into the grooves of a Bumbo chair. Bummer about the Bumbo.

5 comments:

Alicia said...

Olivia is sooo cute!!! I can't believe that she's almost one!!! Birthday planning MUST start STAT!!! Your trip home looked awesome!!! Miss the V-Team..

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

HAPPY HALF BIRTHDAY MISS OLIVIA!

Tyler has the same Bumbo problem. It's those gotta die for chunky legs :)

I'm still sad I missed seeing her (and you guys). Soon. Soon. I need to start planning my trip to Japan!

Love the height thing, I just had to laugh...

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

PS - Start planning the party; it's what mom's do :)

Lora said...

Jonas can squeeze into his Bumbo, but he always knocks the tray attachment off easily. So we don't use it as much as I thought we would.

I love Olivia in her polka dot dress!

volksbloggin said...

that polka dot dress was definitely her favorite.. She got a lot of wear out of it in August. Too bad it doesn't fit her anymore. Sad face.