Sunday, February 15, 2009

Minnesota Onesies


As part of the national effort by our friend, Andrea, to organize a Baby Shower by Box, Benny's sister, Lynne hosted a onesie-making party at her house in January. As you can see from Patti's documention, I also attended the party .... at least a prego flat miniature version of me participated in the festivities.


Besides sending all kinds of hilarious and creative homemade onesies, the Volkmanns also sent a Welcome Home sign made by Baby V's cousins. The sign is currently hanging in the baby's room, waiting for the little one's arrival.
My favorite part was the books we received from each of the five cousins. The books are copies of Scott's, Luke's, Wyatt's, Grace's and Ava's favorite books. We were happy to find a few of our favorites in the mix, including "I wish I had webbed feet" -- This was Benny's favorite book as a child. Since he is totally a fish in the water, it's not that surprising.

I, on the other hand, can't wait to read "Goodnight Moon" at bedtime. Or memorize the "Barnyard Dance," a gift from Aunt Patti and Uncle Bob.

All the gifts were so special and the whole package was a complete surprise. I loved it. Thanks again to everyone involved, but especially to Lynne for her organization of the party.


5 comments:

Tammy said...

The Michelle cutout is hilarious! What does that blue T-shirt say, Michelle? Is that one of Colleen's funny pharmacy school tees?

volksbloggin said...

Geez, Tammy. No one is suppose to notice my T-shirt.

Sweet Cheeks said...

so excited for ya michelle and benny! can't wait for the little one's arrival!

:-)

Peter said...

I Wish I Had Webbed Feet? Are you sure that was Benny's favorite book as a child? I'm thinking it was I Wish I Were Four Feet Tall...

BennyV said...

Peter, you're hilarious.

That picture of our nephew Luke holding Michelle on a stick is priceless, I love it.