Sunday, February 15, 2009

V-Team on V-Day


Valentine's Day was pretty quiet here at the Volkmann household. We spent the day relaxing, looking at stuff for the baby's room followed by dinner at home, cheesecake for dessert and watching "The Secret Life of Bees."

We celebrated Valentine's Day a day when we attended Taste of Asia. Taste of Asia is an annual cultural culinary event at the Officers Club on the Marine Corps base. It is a classy event where you have a buffet of food from across Asia followed by demonstrations of dance and music showcasing the history and culture of Okinawa and Japan.

This event is very popular and it sold out both nights. Luckily I work in marketing, so I had insider information on this event and snagged two tickets for Benny and I last month. This event is the very LAST thing we have on our calendar until my mom's arrival in March. Between now and then, our calendar is bare. It's a very strange feeling for Benny and I.

The evening started out sweet with Benny arriving home early from work with a bouquet of red roses and pink tulips for me. Then we got dressed up and headed to the club because I was starving. Once there, we met up with ladies of marketing, who decided to go stag to the event.


I ate a couple of plates of food and settled in my chair for the entertainment.




We had a wonderful time. Benny took a few videos of the entertainment that I hope to get posted by the end of this week.

3 comments:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

It looks pretty cool!

Tammy said...

Your dress is very cute!

volksbloggin said...

Everyone thinks I got that dress here ... but actually it's an Old Navy online buy. $12.99.