Saturday, May 23, 2009

Brett is Driving the V-Team Bonkers

We had no idea Olivia would be big enough to wear this onesie before football season, but if we hold off until August, it'll be her little brother or sister wearing it.

The Farve Fiasco in Minnesota has made its way to Okinawa.

This is Olivia happy and content thinking that Farve could take the Vikings to the playoffs and ultimately bring them their first superbowl in God knows how long. Notice the slight smile and optimistic look in here eyes - she gets that from her Mom being a Cubs fan (through thick and thin) and her Dad always rooting for the underdog.

This is Olivia concerned that the Vikings have not even given former Iowa Stater Sage Rosenfels a chance to get the top QB spot over never-going-to-take-em-to-the-playoffs Tarvarus Jackson. Not to mention the heartache that Farve would bring to the V-Team in Okinawa if the Vikings were to sign him in hopes the old man would make it as a starter throughout the season (without getting injured). I know my Dad would be happy to be able to watch Farve again, but I kindly as that the Vikings leadership please put down the peace pipe. Sign him as a QB coach to mentor the young Jackson and Rosenfels, but please don't think the old man is going to make it through the season. How else would he be able to keep up his streak of retiring on a good note (tossing an interception as the all time interception leader). I know Farve fans, you have to through the interceptions in order to throw all those TDs, but you have to remember that I watched him beat my beloved Vikings one too many times.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Glad to know you're referring to Favre. When I saw the headline I was concerned about how much VH1 you were watching.

Drea said...

Hilarious. I should have considered the football schedule when picking out a onesie size!! Oh well...

She is getting big! I love the beach pictures too!!

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

You know...I had to reread that first sentence a couple of times before it sunk it what you were trying to say...it could be misconstrued to mean something else, a secret perhaps? KIDDING!