Sunday, May 17, 2009

Cupcakes, oh delicious cupcakes


I didn't bake these cupcakes. I didn't frost these cupcakes. I didn't even place these cupcakes on the lovely platter. But I did eat two of these vanilla coconut cupcakes and they were so good that I had to take a picture of them.

These cupcakes were the icing on the cake for another wonderful weekend in Okinawa.

Friday night Benny and I watched the season finale of The Amazing Race while eating sushi. Yes, the television episodes were super old when compared to what you see in the States, but as long as I don't know the winner it is exciting to me.

On Saturday, Benny and Olivia had Daddy-Daughter Quality Time while I went to an Aerobathan. Three hours that kicked my butt and now my abs hurt when I laugh. So I'm avoiding laughing at all costs. Same with coughing. No coughing or laughing until I get back in shape. When I got home Benny went to the One-Day Sale at the golf course and purchased an early Fathers Day gift for himself. Olivia and I relaxed at home and got absolutely nothing accomplished because she wanted to be held the entire time. And I couldn't argue with her. Saturday night Benny and I watched "Under the Same Moon," a sweet foreign film.

Sunday morning I slept in. Benny got up with Olivia at 3:30 a.m. It turns out our little girl loves Twins baseball as much as her father and knew the game was on. After the game, we went to chapel for the weekly praise Jesus session, followed by breakfast at the golf course. Then we went to the end of the year picnic for the Navy Officers Spouses Club (where I was recruited to serve as a command rep for next year) and Olivia wowed everyone with her cuteness. Here is Benny modeling his new golf attire:

Following the barbecue, Benny went the golf course while Olivia and I attended a baby shower for my co-worker.

Again, Olivia appeared to be an angel. It's fun how my child can be a devil child at home and a perfect angel in public. It makes me want to never be home.

We ended the day at home, planning for the upcoming week. Only 12 more hours until Monday morning and the madness begins again.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Those cupcakes look awesome! I loved La Misma Luna, that kid was so darn cute in it.

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Oh, Michelle, that is the trick of the baby - perfect outside, devil at home. It doesn't go away. Just relish the time away from home :)...And keep enjoying this mommy alone time, I'm dying for some.