Monday, November 16, 2009

Half Empty or Half Full


Is this glass:
A. Half empty
B. Half full
C. Not nearly enough to wash down Hawaiian French toast on Saturday
D. All the above
E. Enough for Michelle

Imagine my delight when I opened the refrigerator to pour some juice early Saturday morning after slaving over the gridle. I picked it up thinking it was too light for enough juice for two of us, but not enough for one of us? Arhhhhh! This was all that was left in carton, apparently too much to finish off on Friday morning, but not enough for breakfast on Saturday (Olivia isn't drinking juice yet).

It should be on the pre-marriage test next to the other crazy questions: How do you feel about drawers left open? Do you have a preference for which way the toilet paper rolls (over the top or from underneath)? Not that the answer would change my mind in any way about my lovely wife, but at least I would know that there is a 50/50 chance that there may not be enough milk or juice in the carton to fill a small glass.

Turns out like daughter, like father. No matter what you think, I'm not the only one who feels this way. After interrogating my bride of 5 years, I find out she learned it from her dad, "who does it all the time... and it drives my mom crazy."

The answer is E. Enough for Michelle.

No comments: