Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Tokyo makes my butt hurt



Repeat after me: The stairs in Tokyo are good for my body. The stairs are good for my health. The stairs are good for my legs. The stairs are good for my butt.

This mantra doesn't make the pain stop. But I'm definitely feeling the effects of my laziness on this vacation trying to keep up with my aunt and sister. They want to see and do everything. And so we are attempting to do everything in Tokyo.

Today illustrated Japan and its ying and yang.

We went to a shrine where families take their children when the little ones celebrate their 3rd, 5th or 7th birthdays. The adorable girls in kimonos were constantly in the shrine's main courtyard. I couldn't resist taking my pictures with one.

After observing the traditions of this country, we walked to the shopping and entertainment district for teenagers and explored stores that sell socks, crazy clothes and short, short skirts. Hip, trendy and completely Japanese.

Then we hit the busiest intersection in the world

Before finishing the night with a view from Tokyo Tower.

No comments: