Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Ghost of blogs past

Today is New Year's Eve in Japan. As with everything in Japan, there are specific rituals and traditions that must be followed.

One of those rituals involves intense cleaning, scrubbing and mopping.

Families will clean their homes from top to bottom today in anticipation of the New Year. It's a symbol of starting the next year off on a good start and not carrying any "dirt" from the past year into the new year.

Our house is its usual dirty mess today and I doubt that we will clean it like our Japanese neighbors.

Instead I'm spending some time over the four-day holiday weekend, "cleaning" our blog.

Blog ideas come to me constantly and I'm always taking photos for postings that are only written in my head, but fail to make it to the computer keyboard. Next year I plan to be better. Must be better.

So as we frequently do here at V-Team is Turning Japanese, we are going to take a trip down memory lane and revisit some events from the past year.

Happy reading! Happy New Year!

No comments: