Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Like a library book

It's official, I'm overdue.

People told us that you are never really ready to be a parent. Well after 41 weeks and four days of pregnancy, I can strongly say that yes, I am ready for the unknown world of parenthood.

The bags are packed. And sitting in Benny's car along with the baby's car seat. The baby's room is done. The champagne is chilling in the refrigerator waiting for me to take that first celebratory sip.

I've read all the books. Every thank you note for a baby shower gift has been written, stamped and mailed. The baby blanket that I started knitting when I found out I was pregnant and recently tried to finish is nearly completed.

Sure I could clean out the refrigerator or reorganize my closets, the type of thing that read about pregnant women doing during the "nesting" stage. But I have no desire or energy to do any of that. So I wait.

And wait. And wait.

(Originally written March 4, 2009)

No comments: