Saturday, November 22, 2008

Missing Dana's wedding

My Iowa State buddy, Dana, got hitched on Saturday. I was planning to call her on Saturday night (her Friday morning) to wish her happy thoughts on the day before her wedding. But being a silly prego lady, I fell asleep waiting for the clock to click over to 10 p.m. local time (actually I fell asleep in the movie theater an hour earlier) ... so that phone call didn't happen.

Then on Sunday morning I wanted to call, but I didn't want to bother her on such a busy day. But I was thinking about her over breakfast. Benny and I were eating pancakes when I commented "Dana is married and enjoying her reception right now. This exact moment."

Then we proceeded to debate over whether or not Dana will change her last name to match Nate's last name. We need Dana to make a ruling on this discussion.

If we lived in the United States, I would have been at that church. There is no doubt about it. Nothing would have stopped me from being there for Dana's happy day in the same way she was so supportive of our wedding four years ago.

But with the Pacific Ocean separating us and my enlarged stomach, it wasn't an option. It makes me sad to miss Dana's big day, but I know she understands.

Congratulations to Dana and Nate. Best wishes from the V-Team.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm thrilled to say I'm a Sawyer now. The celebration was beautiful, and we're so happy. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.