Sunday, July 12, 2009

Did Ed McMahon Live Near Norfolk?

Last week we recieved an enveloped in a plastic bag in our mailbox with the note below attached. The letter says that the envelope was sent to Okinawa empty and did not appear to be sealed. If I thought someone had tampered with the envelope between Norfolk and Okinawa, I should file a claim.

For the last 18 years, I've been waiting for my big check from Ed McMahon. I always pictured myself the recipient of an envelope much bigger than this with a huge check, too big for our mailbox and still too big to fit through our front door. So if anyone knows if Ed sent any smaller checks before joining Johnny, please let me know and I'll file a claim.

Last resort is to settle for the believeable story that our friend who recently had a baby sent it after:
A. Sleep deprivation
B. Watching the Seinfeld about licking envelopes
C. Giving it to the two-year old who did not have his envelope licking merit badge
D. All the above

3 comments:

Pops said...

It is OK to dream! Just don't spend the money until you get it in your bank.

Alicia said...

Hmmmm no comment on this one..... EXCEPT, the baby books says that one may forgetful after delivery, BUT this forgetful.... The rest shall arrive in pieces... *and please don't file a claim!!!

BennyV said...

So should that claim be for $20 or $20,000,000 (like Ed promised)?