Sunday, July 5, 2009

No fireworks or parades, but plenty of fun

I was recently searching the Web for information about flying with 4 month olds when I came across a baby horoscope web page. Being a sucker, I clicked and immediately started reading about my child. Apparently the moon and stars know her better than I do.

So besides reading about her, there is also a portion when you can compare horoscope signs of the parent with the child or siblings to each other, or both mom's and dad's horoscopes and "learn" about our parenting styles. Here are the results:

Leo (Benny) + Sagittarius (me)

Harnessing the energy between you is rather like trying to control a team of wild horses. It can be a fun, wild ride, but things can all too quickly get out of hand. This is the challenge you will face in your parenting duties. You're both lively, adventurous, and energetic people. You love to take your kids on all sorts of adventures and expose them to new experiences. But who will mind the store while you're gone? The Leo parent may take on the leadership role in the family, making (and canceling) appointments and taking care of details. It's not your favorite job, but somebody's got to do it!

The Sagittarius parent will be busy making all the plans for your next family vacation to some distant, exotic location. The kids happily tag along with you two, learning that the world is their schoolyard.


While I would love to ponder this information, I don't have time. I'm too busy planning our next vacation. No it's not Olivia's Red, White and Blue Debut. It's a 3-day weekend trip to a Club Med resort on Ishigaki, an island that is a one-hour flight south of here. Ishigaki is part of the Okinawa island chain, so technically we aren't even leaving the state. I planned this trip because I wanted to test drive Olivia on flying and sleeping abilities on holiday. And to test our patience of traveling with a baby and packing skills.

We'll recap the fun when we return online Monday.

2 comments:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Hope it went well!

Pops said...

So did Olivia earn her wings?