Saturday, November 5, 2011

Is that a baby bump?

Why, yes it is.

Taken on October 30.

That's right. Benny and I decided to roll the dice and try our luck on a second child. This pregnancy is completely different than the first one. When I was pregnant with Olivia, I seemed to be consumed by documenting every moment. I kept close records journaling my feelings about growing too large to wear my normal close, taking photos of the growing belly and measuring it every week.

This pregnancy, Olivia continues to have center stage. The terrible twos have set in and her demands seem to suck all my brain energy. This is why we have neglected to tell many people that I'm pregnant waiting instead for the belly to announce the news.

Taken October 10. Halloween Bunco. My neighbors find out the news.

The good news is this pint-sized distraction has helped the pregnancy go quickly. I can't believe that I'm already 25 weeks. More than halfway there. And looking pretty much the same size as when I was prego with Olivia. Compare for yourself.

Our due date is February 14. Again, we aren't finding our the baby's sex, so it will be a surprise all over again. I'm feeling good. No problems to report, but I'm starting to slow down as my belly gets bigger and bigger. I have trouble squeezing into small spaces and picking up things that fell on the floor. Most importantly, because of the due date and its association to a certain romantic holiday we have decided to call the baby Valentino/a until its birth date.


First baby bump photo. Taken September 12.
While in Kentucky, my belly pops out.
Taken the first week in October.
Look who is also prego. My cousin, Kel! We are due only two weeks apart.
Taken October 24. Olivia has started to notice that something is growing in my belly.
Which is bigger? The pumpkin or the belly?

4 comments:

Tammy said...

You're not calling the baby Cupid? You look great Michelle! We're so excited for the V-Team!

volksbloggin said...

Cupid was considered, Tammy. Along with Lincoln. Just in case it arrives a little early. ;)

Anonymous said...

Well congrats Michelle. I would say a little belly bump. My baby bump was NEVER that small<LOL!. I am glad that you are feeling good. Can't wait to hear the news about the sex! Keep us informed.

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Yeah! Congrats (again)