Saturday, December 13, 2008

Finally my life becomes like Army Wives


On Friday night, Benny and I went to our second Christmas party of the month: an Open House at the Navy Captain's house hosted by him and his wife.

Again we had a fancy invitation which detailed the dress code: open collar casual. We Googled this phrase a few weeks ago so we knew that Benny could wear slacks and a button down shirt, no tie required. I was instructed to wear a pretty dress.

We arrived a little after 8 p.m. to discovered a couple of Navy guys directing traffic and telling us where to park. Hmmmm, I guess this party is kind of a big deal.

When we arrived there was a large crowd there made up of a Navy people that Benny works with, along with Japanese government officials and high ranking officers from the other branches stationed at Okinawa. There were tents, waitresses and Christmas decorations everywhere. There was a full buffet (which I didn't eat anything from because I made dinner before we left) and an open bar. Yup, a catered meal with an ice sculpture of a eagle and a decorated turkey that said "Merry Christmas." It was a scene out of the show "Army Wives."

Sadly I wanted to document the entire party for my loyal readers, but forgot my camera at home. So you will have to take my word on this one.

No comments: