Friday, January 23, 2009

Green Acres is the theme for Baby V

My co-workers threw me a baby shower with a farm theme on Thursday. I was overwhelmed by their generosity and well wishes for Baby Volkmann. My favorite part was the cake. Isn't it amazing? And it was a red velvet cake, one of my favorites. Tasty!


One of many photos of the cake.


The organizers, Bonnie and Rachel.


Cindy's 2-year-old was so confused. She kept asking "where's the baby," which is a fair question for a 2-year-old attending her first baby shower.


And of course, present opening.


Co-worker Lauren wrapped my present in this beer bag. Isn't it great when someone knows you so well? No beer in the bag. But it was definitely my kind of wrapping job for a baby shower.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

LOVE the cake! Between this picture and the mention of pineapple cake in the other post, I'm going to want some cake all day;)

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

The cake is totally awesome. They did a fab job and how nice of everyone to throw you these showers. Baby V will be well taken care of :)

My package - separate from the shower stuff - should arrive in 2 weeks and it could be opened, or so my form says. They best just leave it alone and hurry it up. The post office blames the slowness on the military :)