Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Under the Sea Baby Shower

As many of you know, I'm not a big fan of baby showers. Actually I find the whole progress of showering women either for weddings or babies kind of awkward.

But I have to say, that I felt very relaxed and comfortable at a Navy-sponsored baby shower last weekend. It was a small affair, less than 10 women, which is one reason I liked it. We had a light lunch of chicken salad sandwiches, broccoli salad and cupcakes instead of a traditional cake.

We played three games and there all were related to trivia, so I loved them. Thank goodness I didn't have to taste baby food or diaper a doll with my eyes closed. That's my worst fear anytime I show up for a baby shower.



I especially liked the theme and decorations, since Benny and I both loved to snorkel.

And even though I swore I would NEVER, NEVER do this, I squealed with delight when I opened the first gift:







The matching elephant sweater is hooded with elephant ears and the back has an elephant tail. Too cute. I can't wait to put Baby Volkmann in it.

Here are more photos from the shower:







3 comments:

Meli said...

I'm so glad it was a classy baby shower. You'll have to tell me about the games you played.

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

It aall looks fabulous. What a great shower - and LOVE the invite and theme. Wow (they've done this before :)). You got some great stuff...and I can just see you squeeling in delight :) No matter how hard you try - those little clothes are to die for!

villette1 said...

Michelle, I've been reading your blog and so I have something for Baby Volkmann. I picked it up the other day when I got a gift for my soon to arrive nephew (Feb. 2). You can e-mail me at villette1@yahoo.com.