Monday, October 12, 2009

Farm life

Finally, Olivia got her first sniff of farm life. She heard the crickets chirping. She explored Grandma's garden. She got to ride with Grandpa in his big John Deere tractor. This was the first time she rode in a tractor, which may seem funny to city folks, but it is definitely a milestone in farm life.

As a child, I don't remember the first time I rode in a tractor. But I do remember requesting to do this activity a lot, especially when my Grandpa Kann was visiting us in either the fall or the spring. I always wanted to make sure that I got a tractor ride with Grandpa. I have a feeling that Olivia will asking for the same thing when she is older.

Olivia also got to see the Mississippi River for the first time. She got a bird's eye view when we were hiking at the Pikes Peak State Park.


Then from the park in downtown Guttenberg.


She spent a single afternoon with her each of her aunts. I forgot to take photos at Rachel's apartment and when we went out for dinner. Sorry Rachel.


But I did remember to take a few pictures at Colleen's house, including the first time that Olivia's toes touched grass. It was in Colleen's backyard.



They say that time flies when you are having fun and that definitely happened when we were in the States.

2 comments:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Justin has these same tractor memories that I as a city dweller never had. I'm excited for Tyler to experience a tractor, someday.

Peter said...

I realize that I'm a little late to the party, but I think first tractor ride photos are important. My dad's parents still own (well, it's his two brothers who do the farming now) the same tractor Michael and I rode in when we were wee little things. When we made our most recent trip up to Michigan in June of 2008, we had Sarah Rose in grandpa's lap in that same tractor. We'll do the same when we take David out for Thanksgiving.