Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sailors sing 'Happy Birthday'

October is a busy month in Okinawa. The humidity dropped from 95 to 80 percent, so locals are pulling on sweaters and drinking hot cocoa. I continue to be warm and missing the chilly autumn weather of home. We bought some pumpkin lanterns for Olivia's first Halloween.

I have a lot of blogging to get caught up on ... so much to say about a used kimono sale, sweet potato festival and the world's biggest tug of war. Plus Olivia turned 7 months old and I have a photo of her taken on Oct. 8 somewhere in my computer. I'm still working to locate it.

But first let's recap the Navy Ball, held on Oct. 11.


We joined the dentists, doctors, post office clerks and public affairs officers around the island to celebrate the Navy's birthday.









And while we were at the Navy Ball, Olivia was in good hands, my friend, Diana.

3 comments:

Drea said...

Love, love, love the dress--and the shoes are perfecto with the ensemble as well! Also that cake was rockin'.

villette1 said...

What's this about a used kimono sale? Let's hear all about it! I've always admired the beauty of those dresses (if that's what they're classified as...)

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

You look great!