Sunday, October 18, 2009

Final Stop: San Fran

We made one final pit stop before boarding the United Airlines long flight to Tokyo. We went to one of my favorite cities in the world: San Francisco.

We stayed at a great hotel for military and retired military families located right in downtown San Francisco for a reasonable price. Much cheaper than the time I took my sister Rachel to this California city.

Only hours after arriving, former Yuman and reporter peer, Tammy, met us in the city. She drove from Reno to spend this time with us. Tammy tagged along as we went shopping, sightseeing and eating. Lots and lots of eating. Luckily Tammy packed her appetite.

Since this was our last stop, I was obsessed with trying to eat as much American food as I could ... all the good stuff I can't get in Okinawa.

So we ate Mexican.

And clam chowder with Anchor Steam beer.

And Italian. This is when (Iowa State drinking buddy) Jim, Brooke and Mylie (who live near Fresno) had dinner with us. They were also generous enough to hop on the train and come into the city for dinner one night. But we were talking and eating so much I completely neglected to take a picture of all of us.

And I also had Cheesecake Factory cheesecake.

My only regret? Not saving room for a corn dog on the pier.

Want to see more photos from this visit, click on Tammy's name above.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

As always, it was so great to see you guys - and to finally meet Olivia! Now I have a craving for one of those burritos ...

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

I think I'm the only one that missed the festivities :(

Sorry I missed your call Saturday (Lily's bday) and Sunday (didn't have the stupid phone and would have had the stupid phone if I knew you'd be home!!!!)

Sigh. I have one more weekend of freedom, at least that's what I think....unless of course you're right on the due date. However, Oct. 26 is my mom's bday, hope the kid gets her own bday :)

Lora said...

Love the hat. Did you knit it? She looks so cute in it!