Monday, October 12, 2009

Olivia's first friend

In Iowa, Olivia met her future Iowa State college roommate.

Yup, Olivia you have no choice in the matter. You have to live with Sidney. Sidney is a month younger than Olivia and she lives in Kansas City. Sidney's mom, Dani, and I are friends from Iowa State. We met in 1998 (wow, that's feels so old to say that) in the dorms in Ames and have been friends ever since.

Dani's parents let me tag along with them during Parents Weekend at Iowa State. Dani also planned our spring break vacations, including an unforgettable week in Cancun, Mexico (my first time out of the country). Dani was my maid of honor. She was one of the few who came to visit me when I lived in Wichita Falls, Texas. I was her matron of honor. And this year, we both became mothers.

So it was definitely special and thoughtful of her and Curt drive 6 hours north to Guttenberg to meet Olivia. We were super excited to be introduced to Sidney. What a sweet and quiet baby. Olivia needs to learn how to nap like that girl.

The only bummer was how fast the weekend went. I wish Dani and I could have spent more time together and swapped more stories about motherhood.

1 comment:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Oh, how sweet!!! Wish I could have come :(