Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The hardest part

The hardest part about having visitors is saying goodbye. This morning in the wee hours while the rest of Okinawa was still asleep, Olivia and I dropped off Tammy and Andrea at the Okinawa Airport in Naha.

It felt really strange to not be the one packing a suitcase, mentally preparing to travel for 24 hours, and checking in for a flight. I could handle more of this hostess stuff.

Safe travels ladies. It was one helluva trip. And we'll always have Fuji.

4 comments:

Pops said...

What do you mean when you say "...we'll always have Fuji"? Does this mean you took on Fuji and won or you saved Fuji for a future challenge?

volksbloggin said...

It means we climbed Mount Fuji last week together. I'll write about that experience soon.

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

How exciting! I didn't know they were coming. How fun for you! I still want to make it. Why do I feel like that won't happen :( Need to find time off work...and mentally prepare my hubby for a week with 2 kids solo

Drea said...

Ah, funny to think I am just going to bed right now from that morning. What a long day! But, it was totally worth it! I had a blast. Thank you!!