Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Blue Moutains: As I saw it


The token photo of three sisters in front of Three Sisters. According to Wikipedia, The Sisters were formed by erosion. The soft sandstone of the Blue Mountains is easily eroded over time by wind, rain and rivers, and the cliffs surrounding the Jamison Valley are being slowly broken up. The article also says that the legend of the three sisters being imprisioned in stone for loving three brothers from a neighboring tribe is nothing more than the result of modern tourism.



Looking down while riding the skyrail. It has a glass floor so you can see the Jamison Valley.


Since the weather was chilly in the mountains, I opted for a pot of tea or hot chocolate whenever I got the chance.


Is this where the waterfall begins? I think that's why we took this picture.

1 comment:

Sweet Cheeks said...

Ok, I have that SAME picture with three of my girlfriends! AWWW! How fun, and Michelle - I LOVE YOU. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE BELOVED TIM TAM SHARING!!!!!!!!!!!