Monday, June 2, 2008

Sydney: Through my photo lens

Between Colleen and I, we have around 800 photos from the 14-day trip. Here is a sample of what we did in Sydney. If you want to see more, just ask and I'll post additional pictures. (I didn't want to bore anyone with a million shots of the city, harbor or the Kann sisters.)


Colleen and I in front of a fountain in Hyde Park. The church in the background is St. Mary's Cathedral. The church was built in 1882. The pope will perform Mass there for the World Youth Day next month.


A bird's eye view of the city from Sydney Tower. It's the highest observation deck in the southern hemisphere. It was built in 1981.


On the stairs of the Opera House. We couldn't take a tour of the inside, because it was closed for cleaning. The price for a tour: $150.


At the Zoo. We rode a ferry across the harbor to the zoo. It wasn't the best zoo I've ever visited, but it was a great way to see all the Aussie animals. The sleeping koala bear was especially cute.


View of the Opera House and Bridge from the Botanical Gardens


Moments before we climbed the Sydney Bridge. The bridge was completed in 1932 and all the steel was brought from Britain. It was the longest single-span arch bridge at the time. The Aussies called it the "Coathanger."


The view from the top of the bridge. This climb was a highlight of the trip. A once in a lifetime experience and I'm glad I let my sisters talk me into doing it.

2 comments:

TammyK said...

Love the pictures! $150 for a tour of the opera house??? How much is it to go to the opera?

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Did you see the Real World house - the pier? hahaha

Love the pictures. I'll take more please. I look at it this way - if people don't want to see your pictures, they shouldn't be looking at your blog :)