Monday, October 20, 2008

When we weren't dancing at the Navy Ball

Other events during last weekend:

Participation in a Volksmarch. I kept waiting for the event organizers to make the connection that our last name is Volkmann and we were walking in the Volksmarch. But they didn't say anything. Lame.


Isabelle's birthday celebration. We attended our first two-year-old birthday since we were two years old ourselves. I thought the polka dotted theme party was a great success. And the children were well behaved. Benny only said that there was a lot of children. There were eight children. Eight. Doesn't Benny know that's how many children I want to have in our household some day??!!???


I wrapped up Sunday by attending a book club discussion meeting while Benny watched college football. The weather was perfect. No rain. Sunny, but not sweaty weather.

5 comments:

Sweet Cheeks said...

The green and orange cupcakes reminded me of boobies, sorry. They really should have recognized you were the Volkmanns... but Jackson would have called me a nerd for pointing that out.

Meli said...

with little heart nipples....

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

You have to be kidding me..8 :)
Eight is Enough, hahaha. That was a great show I watched as a child; I'm sure you did too :)

BennyV said...

Maybe next year the Volkmanns will show up in a Volkswagen for the Volksmarsch chanting German with a connect the dot T-shirt from Volkmann-Volkswagen-Volksmarsh. If that doesn't work, we'll have to spell out our last name "V-O-L-K... as in 'Volks-marsch' *wink wink nudge nudge*" and a big old grin.

Patti Kent said...

I know the feeling. My first visit to the Volkswagen dealership I could hardly for the VW guy to notice my last name was Volkmann and tell me how cool I was. And just like that...he said nothing. :)