Monday, May 12, 2008

Does this photo make you hungry?

If you read this blog, you are going to see lots and lots of photos of food.

And even more photos of my chopsticks alongside a wide open mouth ready to chew and swallow.


I can't help it, it's the German in me. Usually the food isn't that unusual, it's just pretty or tasty. Most likely tasty, which is hard to convey over a print medium, so I'm hoping my facial expressions will be your guide.

Warning: If food isn't your thing, it is best not to look any further.

I compiled various dining pictures into one posting. Happy dining!


This photo is from our first off-base dining experience. At least we can point at the photos of the entrees.


A plate of octopus takiaki. I'm not sure if I'm spelling that right. I'll keep looking for the correct spelling. Benny had this dish previously at Adam and Yoko's house in Oxnard.


Our first sashimi in country


A bowl of ramen with pork in Tokyo. This is much larger than any ramen I survived on during college. Much more flavor too. Very filling. Very yummy. This ramen bar is where Benny learned that spicy ramen is very spicy. The Japanese aren't joking when they say something is spicy.


This is the fun game we had to play to order our ramen noodles. The top part had the menu in both English and Kanji. But the part on the bottom where we pushed the button to place our order was only Kanji. Luckily I'm super good at the game of matching Kanji top to Kanji bottom. It's my newest skill.


Fresh pineapple on a skewer for 100 yen thanks to this gent.


Strawberry dessert at a coffee and tea cafe in Tokyo


Ice cream vending machine at the observation deck of Tokyo's domestic airline terminal. Vending machines are HUGE in Japan. I swear there is one kind or another on every street corner. Usually it's coffee, tea, soda and water vending machines. Occasionally you will run into one that sells cigarettes or ice cream. The ones that sell beer aren't in Okinawa. It's to keep the beer from getting in the hands of under aged military personnel. Or at least that's what I was told when I asked about it. Yes, there are beer vending machines in Tokyo and it's so cool.



Benny eating a nameless item. We bought it from a vendor at the Lily Festival.


Likewise with me. More nameless tasty food. It's not nameless to those who speak Japanese. It's only nameless to Benny and I.

2 comments:

TammyK said...

Beer from a vending machine! Can you walk around the streets drinking beer? That might be enough to convince Chris to visit ;)

villette1 said...

What are the odds you can ship one of those vending machines to Yuma for brew night?