Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The store with smiles

Now that I have freedom, I put my new-found freedom to good use and drove to the Hello Kitty store in the American Village this afternoon.

After I recovered from the initial disappointment that this Sanrio store was much smaller than the one I went to in Yokosuka, I focused my thoughts on the task at hand: Find Hello Kitty gear for Cy.

But here is the problem. Hello Kitty is so cute. Damn cute. And I want it all since the red hue on the Hello Kitty water bottle holder, vanity mirror and license plate cover PERFECTLY (or should I write PURRECTLY?) match the red paint of Cy's outside. This means I won't be parking Cy in the sun to fade her red exterior to a pink tone as Benny suggested when we bought the car.

The vanity mirror would be useful, since my car doesn't have any mirrors behind the sun visors. But at 3,500 yen, that was out of my price range. And I already have a coffee cup holder ... and I'm not sure if the license plate cover is street legal. I have yet to see a license plate frame here. That's why I didn't install my Cyclone license plate frames that Kati sent me a few years back.

Hmmm. What to do?

The obvious choice was a Hello Kitty glitter sticker that I could paste in the back window. It's affordable. It's small and tasteful. And it adds a bit of flare to Cy.

But I'm pretty sure I can buy that at the 100 yen store. And there it's only 100 yen, including tax. Much cheaper than the 500 yen at Sanrio in the JUSCO mall.

Next stop? The 100 Yen Plaza.

1 comment:

TammyK said...

The world has turned upside-down when Michelle wants more Hello Kitty items than I do.