Friday, May 2, 2008

Size matters

Driving along on the wrong (or right side to us now) side of the road in our pint size car behind a dump truck, I feel ridiculously small. It's hard to tell if the dump trucks over here are bigger, or they just seem that way because the cars are so small. Looking down, the dump truck only has a few inches to spare on both sides of his driving lane. When I pull up next to a dump truck, it feels like I'm in a Modern Marvels clip looking out my driver's side window at the lug nuts of this gigantic dump truck that you'd see in open-pit coal mines. But the more I think about it, and it doesn't seem any bigger than your average International Truck. So back to my original question, are the dump trucks bigger over here?

Before I can figure out this mystery, the light turns green and I must change my focus back to being a professional driver. Not that being a professional driver allows me to speed through traffic like Dale Earnhart... nope, everyone here takes driving seriously, and no one wants to get fired.

I'll post a picture for anyone interested in this brain buster once I remember to take the camera with me next time.

No comments: