Thursday, May 15, 2008

My bags are packed, set course for Sydney

Tonight I leave Okinawa and climb aboard a China Airlines plane bound for Sydney.

My youngest sister, Rachel, has been in Australia since February. She is spending a semester abroad and studying at the University of Newcastle. She flies back to the States at the end of June.

The middle Kann sister, Colleen, finished her last final at University of Iowa pharmacy school Wednesday local time and flew out this morning before I was awake. The two of us will meet at the airport on Saturday morning local time. Luckily I only have a 9-hour flight, while Colleen loses a day and will be suffering from jet lag.

We have action-packed vacation planned for the next two weeks with stops in Cairns, the Blue Mountains and Newcastle.

With all the fun, I probably won't have time to write about the trip until my return on May 30. If there is time, I'll post a picture or two to show we made it there in one piece.

But don't worry readers. The V-Team blog isn't going on vacation too. My partner in crime, Benny, is in charge in my absence.

Cheer him on everyone. Write Benny, write!

6 comments:

BennyV said...

An ode to Alicia: I need to get a sense of the energy level here. I'm not going to exert the energy unless there is a demand for it.

So on a scale from 1 - 55, Alicia, what is the energy level?

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Can't wait to hear what Benny has to say :)

You have the best adventurs. Australia! So envious :)

TammyK said...

So, does only demand from Alicia count? Because the demand from Team Gabel is high!

Have fun, Michelle! Can't wait to hear what kind of hijinks the Kann girls get into ...

Peter said...

Umm, I'm excited to read what Benny will have to write about whilst the missus is gone. Methinks he might mention that the Rockies will sweep the Twins in their series. In fact, I am so confident that the Rockies will at least take 2 out of 3 that if they don't, I will write an ode to the Twins on my blog.

Meli said...

I think Benny might be intimidated by the fan base the blog has.....

BennyV said...

Alright, alright I'll write... I just have to think about something to write about.